Authors: TheIndianSubcontinent News Agency
A former Brazilian minister has alleged there was a "blood pact" between former president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva and construction giant Odebrecht.
Antonio Palocci, once considered Lula's right-hand man, accused the ex-president of receiving a building for his institute and an apartment.
He made the testimony to a federal judge investigating corruption at state oil company Petrobras.
Lula's lawyers said Palocci was lying to reduce his jail sentence.
The testimony adds to allegations the former president is fighting. He intends to run for president again next year and is currently the front-runner in the polls.
According to Palocci, Lula had a "blood pact" with Odebrecht that the company would pay $96m (£73m) to his party in exchange for commercial contracts and benefits.
The agreement allegedly included the construction of a building for Lula's institute and an apartment for commercial use.
Palocci was finance minister under Lula and served as chief-of-staff to Lula's successor, Dilma Rousseff.
He was sentenced to 12 years in prison last year after prosecutors said he had acted as an intermediary for corrupt government officials in business with Petrobras.
Lula's lawyers said that Palocci's accusations against Lula were false and that he was trying to reduce his jail sentence.
In a separate development, prosecutors filed further charges against Lula and Dilma Rousseff related to the long-running investigation into Petrobras - known as Operation Car Wash - accusing them of obstructing justice.
On Tuesday the country's top prosecutor Prosecutor Rodrigo Janot accused them of forming a criminal organisation to divert funds from Petrobras.
- 鹿島改 is trending at 10 in Japan
- シーカーストーン is trending at 9 in Japan
- #PWATokyo is trending at 8 in Japan
- #八千代ライブ is trending at 7 in Japan
- 出席者ゼロ is trending at 6 in Japan
- 丸の内 is trending at 5 in Japan
- #スプラ意味ナイ報告選手権 is trending at 4 in Japan
- 元TBS記者 is trending at 3 in Japan
- #心理性別テスト is trending at 2 in Japan
- 湯キリコさん is trending at 1 in Japan
- Culiacán is trending at 10 in world
- Lanús is trending at 9 in world
- Rams is trending at 8 in world
- San Lorenzo is trending at 7 in world
- #ApagaTelevisa is trending at 6 in world
- #GagaFiveFootTwo is trending at 3 in world
- #TheVoiceBrasil is trending at 2 in world
- #AerosmithnoMultishow is trending at 1 in world
- Mahamana Express is trending at 10 in India
- Red Fort is trending at 9 in India