IAF had recently told the government that the LCA did not meet its requirements
In the face of the Air Force raising questions about the capability of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, the government is now aiming to install capability enhancements and speed up the rate of production.
“The production of Tejas Mk-1A will begin in 2019. Most of the 43 improvements have already been made and the tender process to install an Advanced Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar and Self-Protection Jammer is under way. A refuelling probe would also be added to increase range,” a source said.
While the design cannot be changed and endurance improved as it is powered by the GE-404 engine, the enhancements will increase the capability of the aircraft, the source said. The IAF had told the government that Tejas did not meet its requirements. IAF was in the process of issuing a tender for the procurement of 100 jets through the Strategic partnership mode, for which the contenders were Lockheed F-16 and SAAB Gripen. Lockheed had tied up with TATA Group and SAAB with the Adani group to build them locally if selected.
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) was undertaking the enhancements and was in the process of setting up another assembly line at a cost of ₹130 crore to increase production rate from the present eight to 16. The second line would be ready by 2019 when Mk-1A began production, the source stated.
- ワンオク is trending at 10 in Japan
- 契約満了選手 is trending at 9 in Japan
- スタートトゥデイ is trending at 8 in Japan
- 議場入り is trending at 7 in Japan
- 杭200本 is trending at 6 in Japan
- がっこうぐらし is trending at 5 in Japan
- #どうぶつの森フレンド募集 is trending at 4 in Japan
- #いいツインテールの日 is trending at 3 in Japan
- SONAR is trending at 2 in Japan
- ZOZOSUIT is trending at 1 in Japan
- SONAR is trending at 10 in world
- 夫婦の日 is trending at 9 in world
- ZOZOSUIT is trending at 8 in world
- 정성훈 is trending at 7 in world
- #Los44 is trending at 6 in world
- #LasCarasDeLaMoneda is trending at 4 in world
- #امطار_الرياض is trending at 3 in world
- David Cassidy is trending at 1 in world
- Happily Ever Afterlife: The Making of Disney Pixar’s ‘COCO’
- Weekend Forecast: Will Pixar’s ‘Coco’ Reign for Thanksgiving Over ‘Justice League’ Breakout ‘Wonder’?