Authors: Ecroaker.com Boosters. Pitch your Idea
The bio-pic on mathematical genius Anand Kumar which Vikas Bahl will helm and in which Hrithik Roshan will play Anand, is not the first cinematic homage to a man who has dedicated himself to the education of economically -challenged students.
Some years ago Amitabh Bachchan played a character based on Anand Kumar in Prakash Jha’s Aarakshan. Recently the two met up for an episode of Kaun Banega Crorepati where Anand sat on the hot seat and walked away with a substantial amount of money. Says Mr Bachchan fondly, “Anand Kumar is such a noble soul and so committed to his work. In Prakash Jha’s Aarakshan, my character was inspired by him.”Says Anand, “I was always a fan of Bachchan Saab. I grew up on his classics. I saw Zanjeer, Deewaar, Trishuland Amar Akbar Anthony repeatedly when I was a student. In college we would imitate his walk talk and swagger. I first got to meet him during the making of Prakash Jha’s Aarakshan. He was such a fine gentleman. Now when I met him again on KBC I realized he was also a great teacher. The wisdom and knowledge and the understanding of human nature that he brings to the hot seat make him an exemplary educationist. I learnt so much from just watching him on KBC. In fact I will be applying some of his skills in the classroom.”About the money Anand won on KBC the humble and simple mathematician says, “I won Rs 25 lakhs on KBC. The entire sum goes into the education of my students and their betterment.” And now comes the news that Anand Kumar’s tryst with the KBC host will form a part of the bio-pic that Bahl is helming.
- Gaza is trending at 10 in India
- Rs 650 is trending at 9 in India
- Jharkhand's Kumardubi is trending at 8 in India
- Arun Sadhu is trending at 6 in India
- #Super30 is trending at 5 in India
- #MaharawalRatanSingh is trending at 4 in India
- #DeendayalUpadhyaya is trending at 3 in India
- Studio Weekend Estimates: ‘Kingsman’ Golden w/ $39M; ‘Lego Ninjago’ Starts w/ $21.2M; R-Rated Titles Comprise 8 of Top 10
- Trio through to Uruguay as Korea DPR retain title
- Trump slaps travel restrictions on N Korea, Venezuela in sweeping new ban
- London mayor says Britain should not host President Trump on state visit
- Chastened Merkel braces for coalition tussle after vote
- Venezuela added to US travel ban
- Govt to finalise health surcharge policy after PM returns
- Moeen Ali smashes second fastest ODI century for England, helps them beat West Indies
- India clinch ODI series with hat-trick of wins against Australia
- Barca, Real and Atletico all win in La Liga
- Seven pro-Jamaat-e-Islami doctors face police grilling over ‘violent sabotage plan'
- BNP rejects Hasina's 'safe zone' solution to Rohingya crisis
- Man beats sister to death over marriage dispute