NEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2017 — IMAX Corporation (IMAX) (NYSE: IMAX) and Malco Theatres Inc., a leading regional exhibitor in the Southern U.S., today announced a sales agreement for two IMAX® theatres. The first IMAX theatre will be added to the Malco Paradiso Cinema Grill in Memphis, Tenn., and the second to the Malco Razorback Cinema Grill in Fayetteville, Ark.with both IMAX auditoriums slated to open in December. The agreement marks the first-ever IMAX theatres for Malco Theatres, as well as the first commercial IMAX theatre in Memphis and the first-ever IMAX in Fayetteville.
“We are excited to welcome Malco Theatres to the IMAX business, and together look forward to introducing the world’s most immersive cinema going experience to new audiences across Tennessee, Arkansas and the Mid-South,” said Mark Welton, President, IMAX Theatres. “In 2016, our domestic signings reached a three year high and we’re delighted to continue this momentum as exhibitors look for a premium and differentiated offering to get audiences off their couches and into the multiplex.”
“We looked at all of our options regarding a large format solution and came to the conclusion that no one has a better combination of quality, full immersion cinema, and brand awareness than IMAX. We are excited to add The IMAX Experience to these two already great theatres,” said Stephen Lightman, Malco Theatres, President and CEO.
- Stephen Chbosky Goes from Page to Screen with ‘WONDER’
- Justice League Begins Overseas Run, Claims Top Opening Day of All Time in Brazil
- Weekend Forecast: ‘Justice League,’ ‘The Star,’ ‘Wonder’
- ‘Coco’ Becomes Highest-Grossing Film Ever in Mexico
- Fate of Zimbabwe's Mugabe hangs in the balance amid coup confusion
- London theatre says 20 men made allegations against Kevin Spacey
- Russia and Venezuela agree debt deal
- Nicolas Leoz: Conmebol ex-chief to be extradited from Paraguay
- Mexico waterfall: Agua Azul cascades return to quake-hit river
- Govt working to equally develop all parts of country: Zubair
- SSGCL to lay 567km pipelines for gasification of 137 villages of Sindh, Balochistan
- Australia v England: Women's Ashes first Twenty20 – live!
- Russian and Czech presidents to meet on November 21 — Kremlin aide
- Justice League Movie Review
- Tumhari Sulu Movie Review
- Lauren Jauregui Steve Aoki's 'All Night' - REACTING Live!
- Anne Frank foundation buys Anne’s other home, now a refuge for writers
- Russia views Paris Agreement as basis for solving climate change problems — Lavrov
- Investigation underway into disappearance of world kickboxing champion Innokenty Makarov
- German coalition talks go into overtime as parties fail to yield an agreement