NEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2017 — IMAX Corporation (IMAX) (NYSE: IMAX) and Malco Theatres Inc., a leading regional exhibitor in the Southern U.S., today announced a sales agreement for two IMAX® theatres. The first IMAX theatre will be added to the Malco Paradiso Cinema Grill in Memphis, Tenn., and the second to the Malco Razorback Cinema Grill in Fayetteville, Ark.with both IMAX auditoriums slated to open in December. The agreement marks the first-ever IMAX theatres for Malco Theatres, as well as the first commercial IMAX theatre in Memphis and the first-ever IMAX in Fayetteville.
“We are excited to welcome Malco Theatres to the IMAX business, and together look forward to introducing the world’s most immersive cinema going experience to new audiences across Tennessee, Arkansas and the Mid-South,” said Mark Welton, President, IMAX Theatres. “In 2016, our domestic signings reached a three year high and we’re delighted to continue this momentum as exhibitors look for a premium and differentiated offering to get audiences off their couches and into the multiplex.”
“We looked at all of our options regarding a large format solution and came to the conclusion that no one has a better combination of quality, full immersion cinema, and brand awareness than IMAX. We are excited to add The IMAX Experience to these two already great theatres,” said Stephen Lightman, Malco Theatres, President and CEO.
- Gaza is trending at 10 in India
- Rs 650 is trending at 9 in India
- Jharkhand's Kumardubi is trending at 8 in India
- Arun Sadhu is trending at 6 in India
- #Super30 is trending at 5 in India
- #MaharawalRatanSingh is trending at 4 in India
- #DeendayalUpadhyaya is trending at 3 in India
- Studio Weekend Estimates: ‘Kingsman’ Golden w/ $39M; ‘Lego Ninjago’ Starts w/ $21.2M; R-Rated Titles Comprise 8 of Top 10
- Trio through to Uruguay as Korea DPR retain title
- Trump slaps travel restrictions on N Korea, Venezuela in sweeping new ban
- London mayor says Britain should not host President Trump on state visit
- Chastened Merkel braces for coalition tussle after vote
- Venezuela added to US travel ban
- Govt to finalise health surcharge policy after PM returns
- Moeen Ali smashes second fastest ODI century for England, helps them beat West Indies
- India clinch ODI series with hat-trick of wins against Australia
- Barca, Real and Atletico all win in La Liga
- Seven pro-Jamaat-e-Islami doctors face police grilling over ‘violent sabotage plan'
- BNP rejects Hasina's 'safe zone' solution to Rohingya crisis
- Man beats sister to death over marriage dispute