Authors: Ecroaker.com Boosters. Pitch your Idea
Saif Ali Khan was considered as a credible actor with a good box office standing. He never delivered solo blockbusters but yet his films used to do decent business because of which he was quite in demand. But over the last few years, his commercial prospects have taken a beating after few of his films didn’t do well at the box office. 2017 particularly has been bad. Vishal Bhardwaj’s magnum opus Rangoon, co-starring Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut, emerged as a huge disaster due to its high costs. Chef, on the other hand, had lower costs and yet, became a huge flop. His upcoming film Kaalakaandi’s release is also in the limbo and there are talks that it might directly release on video streaming platforms.
Saif Ali Khan also has one more release in hand – Baazaar – that will see him in a grey role. Everything was going fine here but now even this film has faced a minor hiccup. The film has been in the works since quite a while and went on months many months ago. Originally, it was slated to release on December 8 but that won’t happen now. It seems that last-minute additions to the script have been made and hence, another schedule is on the cards. Director Gauravv K Chawla is slated to shoot for 10 more days in Mumbai and only then will the shoot get wrapped up. As a result, the film’s release has now been postponed to March-April 2018.Baazaar also marks the acting debut of Rohan Mehra, son of yesteryear actor Vinod Mehra. Chitrangda Singh and Radhika Apte are the other actors in this cast. The film is produced by Nikkhil Advani and deals with the happenings in the stock market.
- US announces new assistance to Lebanese military
- Sweden to re-establish military unit on Baltic Sea island
- French lawmaker warns over judging the budget by its cover
- Making sense of CHAMP, the silver bullet miracle missile that isn’t
- Serbia turns to Russia for air defense systems, helo procurement
- GAO: Upgrading to new GPS will cost billions more than planned
- ‘Nothing more natural’: Turkey-Qatar procurement business flourishes
- Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee
- Real survive scare to tee up Gremio clash
- Police say NY blast suspect asked wife in Dhaka to read books by hardline Islamic preacher
- Bale rescues Real after Ronaldo equaliser against Al Jazira in Club World Cup semis
- British lawmakers defeat May's government on Brexit law
- Bangladesh to ramp up security for Christmas, New Year festivities in Dhaka
- Prof Sadeka Halim elected first female dean of Dhaka University social sciences faculty
- Bangladesh to observe Martyred Intellectuals Day Thursday
- Hasina flying back home from France
- French energy giant Total to expand Bangladesh business with 'big investment'
- British Council opens WOW Dhaka’s Chittagong Chapter, self-access centre
- BDcabs introduces enterprise app ‘Gari Technology’ at Istanbul meet
- Azam J Chowdhury elected president of BAPLC, Anis Khan vice-president