Qarib Qarib Singlle starring Irrfan Khan and Parvathy opened to low numbers but has shown a decent growth over the weekend. It received good reviews from critics and the numbers show movie has taken a healthy start.
New releases of the week didn’t really create much noise at the box office, though thankfully there was a steady increase in footfalls that lends some hope for better weekdays too. Qarib Qarib Singlle did have a fair deal of audience footfall that resulted in 9.50 crore* coming in. The film made 4.70 crores* on its 1st Sunday.Qarib Qarib Singlle Enjoys A Qarib Qarib Good Weekend At The Box Office
The numbers aren’t huge but then they are not bad either, as has been the case with so many other even bigger films this year. Of course, a much bigger number would have helped keep the moolah churning in for the industry. the film would need to be very strong on Monday and actually get collections similar to that of Friday. Even if there is a dip, one just hopes that it isn’t a major one.
Directed by Tanuja Chandra, the film is witnessing a strong word-of-mouth creating a power-packed impact on the masses, said a statement on behalf of the makers.
It brings to celluloid a fresh pairing of National Award-winning actor Irrfan Khan and Malayalam actress Parvathy, who has made her Bollywood debut with this film on new age online dating.
It would be interesting to see how it will face the competition from Tumhari Sulu and Hollywood’s most awaited Justice League next week. The movie has to show a stable trend by the to retain the decent amount of screens. Today’s collections will play a crucial part in deciding the overall verdict of the film.
Presented by Zee Studios and produced by Jar Pictures, the film is shot across real locations of Bikaner, Rishikesh and Gangtok.
*Estimates. Final numbers awaited
Note: All collections as per production and distribution sources
- US announces new assistance to Lebanese military
- Sweden to re-establish military unit on Baltic Sea island
- French lawmaker warns over judging the budget by its cover
- Making sense of CHAMP, the silver bullet miracle missile that isn’t
- Serbia turns to Russia for air defense systems, helo procurement
- GAO: Upgrading to new GPS will cost billions more than planned
- ‘Nothing more natural’: Turkey-Qatar procurement business flourishes
- Latest decisions of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee
- Real survive scare to tee up Gremio clash
- Police say NY blast suspect asked wife in Dhaka to read books by hardline Islamic preacher
- Bale rescues Real after Ronaldo equaliser against Al Jazira in Club World Cup semis
- British lawmakers defeat May's government on Brexit law
- Bangladesh to ramp up security for Christmas, New Year festivities in Dhaka
- Prof Sadeka Halim elected first female dean of Dhaka University social sciences faculty
- Bangladesh to observe Martyred Intellectuals Day Thursday
- Hasina flying back home from France
- French energy giant Total to expand Bangladesh business with 'big investment'
- British Council opens WOW Dhaka’s Chittagong Chapter, self-access centre
- BDcabs introduces enterprise app ‘Gari Technology’ at Istanbul meet
- Azam J Chowdhury elected president of BAPLC, Anis Khan vice-president