Customs officials at Munich Airport became suspicious when they spotted a nervous-looking man who had just arrived on a flight from the Netherlands. Further investigation showed he had swallowed an astonishing quantity of cocaine.
Officials' suspicions were strengthened when the 26-year-old, who was apparently travelling on to Italy, responded to questions in a contradictory manner, customs announced on Friday.
After a rapid drug test showed traces of cocaine, a search revealed that the man had no drugs on his body or in his baggage. Officials then took him to a nearby hospital, where an x-ray examination showed that he had swallowed a kilogram of cocaine in bags which are resistant to stomach acids.
“Throughout the day 95 vessels containing cocaine turned up, all of which were excreted in the natural way,” a customs spokesperson said.
Munich customs warned that smuggling drugs in this manner poses life threatening risks - in most cases, if just one bag splits, the carrier will die.
- Gaza is trending at 10 in India
- Rs 650 is trending at 9 in India
- Jharkhand's Kumardubi is trending at 8 in India
- Arun Sadhu is trending at 6 in India
- #Super30 is trending at 5 in India
- #MaharawalRatanSingh is trending at 4 in India
- #DeendayalUpadhyaya is trending at 3 in India
- Studio Weekend Estimates: ‘Kingsman’ Golden w/ $39M; ‘Lego Ninjago’ Starts w/ $21.2M; R-Rated Titles Comprise 8 of Top 10
- Trio through to Uruguay as Korea DPR retain title
- Trump slaps travel restrictions on N Korea, Venezuela in sweeping new ban
- London mayor says Britain should not host President Trump on state visit
- Chastened Merkel braces for coalition tussle after vote
- Venezuela added to US travel ban
- Govt to finalise health surcharge policy after PM returns
- Moeen Ali smashes second fastest ODI century for England, helps them beat West Indies
- India clinch ODI series with hat-trick of wins against Australia
- Barca, Real and Atletico all win in La Liga
- Seven pro-Jamaat-e-Islami doctors face police grilling over ‘violent sabotage plan'
- BNP rejects Hasina's 'safe zone' solution to Rohingya crisis
- Man beats sister to death over marriage dispute