Terminal 1 of Germany's largest airport was partially evacuated over the weekend, after an apparently psychologically disturbed man told police was carrying explosives in his luggage.
A taxi driver first alerted police after the 37-year-old man had acted strangely during his cab ride to the airport on Saturday evening.
Federal police met the man as he arrived at the airport, and he told them that he was carrying explosives in his luggage. He was immediately arrested while authorities partially evacuated Terminal A and blocked off the entrance to the long-distance railway station.
Explosives experts then approached the luggage but only found computer parts and a small fuel bottle for camping inside.
Investigators emphasize that travellers were never in any danger. The man was already known to the police for similar actions in the past and was taken to a psychological ward.
Roughly 160,000 passengers travel through Frankfurt Airport every day, making it Germany's busiest air hub.
- Weekend Forecast: ‘Justice League,’ ‘The Star,’ ‘Wonder’
- ‘Coco’ Becomes Highest-Grossing Film Ever in Mexico
- Video Vault: Faryd Mondragon talks France 1998
- China foreign minister to visit Myanmar, Bangladesh amid Rohingya crisis
- Fate of Zimbabwe's Mugabe hangs in the balance amid coup confusion
- Rangpur police detain two Union Council members over attack on Hindu homes
- World Cup: Peru declares public holiday after qualification
- Govt working to equally develop all parts of country: Zubair
- Is India Developing A 12,000 Kms Range Missile - SURYA?
- German coalition talks go into overtime as parties fail to yield an agreement
- Biman pays Tk 500,000 to expatriate family in UK for delay
- Eight arrested in Amsterdam in joint Dutch Irish drugs crackdown
- American Boeing And HAL Discuss Building F/A-18 Fighter
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018), Galaxy J5 Prime (2017) spotted online
- Box Office – Qarib Qarib Singlle Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana Stay Ordinary In Their 1st Week
- Democracy is safe in India because of Hindus: Giriraj Singh
- US warns of Christmas terror threat in Europe
- Police detain five suspected JMB operatives in Naogaon
- Surrender: We’ll Not Kill You, IGP Kashmir To Terrorists
- Army Plans 17 Tunnels Between Ladakh And Arunachal To Counter Growing Chinese Presence Along LAC