Press Trust of India, Thiruvananthapuram, Nov 13 2017, 13:45 IST
Hundreds of BJP workers on Monday converged in front of the Secretariat here and staged a protest demanding immediate resignation of Transport Minister Thomas Chandy, who is facing allegations of land encroachment for a luxury lake resort owned by him in Alappuzha district.
The protesters began assembling in front of three gates of the secretariat since 6 am and raised slogans against the minister.
The Secretariat houses offices of ministers and bureaucrats. Only the Cantonment gate was spared by the protesters to enable ministers and staff to enter the premises.
The agitators drawn from four districts of Kollam, Alappuzha, Pathnamthitta and Thiruvananthapuram, also wanted action against the Congress leaders named in the judicial commission report on the solar scam.
Inaugurating the protest, BJP state president, Kummanam Rajasekharan said there was no question of any compromise on the demand for Chandy's resignation.
General secretary, A N Radhakrishnan said the party would launch a series of agitations on the Chandy issue. "Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan should seek Chandy's resignation," he said.
- #デスチャ is trending at 10 in Japan
- ヒッセン is trending at 9 in Japan
- アイドルファン仲間 is trending at 8 in Japan
- #地域CL is trending at 7 in Japan
- 鳥取砂丘 is trending at 6 in Japan
- RIZAP is trending at 5 in Japan
- 数百人 is trending at 4 in Japan
- 慰安婦記念日 is trending at 1 in Japan
- #HTTR is trending at 8 in world
- #IcerdePorSiempre is trending at 7 in world
- Atlas is trending at 4 in world
- #ابراهيم_خفاجي is trending at 2 in world
- #24KasımÖğretmenlerGünü is trending at 1 in world
- Ashwin is trending at 10 in India
- Jagatsinghpur is trending at 9 in India
- F-22 is trending at 8 in India
- Samarawickrama is trending at 7 in India
- Nahargarh Fort is trending at 6 in India
- #ACGatPmec is trending at 5 in India
- #VASCODAGAMA is trending at 4 in India