KIEV, September 12. /TASS/. Ukrainian party For Life said on Tuesday it was beginning a campaign for gathering signatures under a petition for President Pyotr Poroshenko’s resignation, party leader Yevgeny Murayev said on Tuesday.
As he addressed a rally in front of the National Bank building, Murayev said Poroshenko and other government red-tapers had driven the country deep into crisis.
"We’ll ride throughout the country," he was quoted by GORDONua website. "We’ll bring people together and collect signatures everywhere. We oppose this institute [presidency] as such because everyone who gets into the presidential office loses goes mad."
"I don’t rule out they go there propelled by a dream to build our country but in reality they turn into commonplace thieves," Murayev said.
He added that the gathering of signatures among deputies for holding a new election had already gotten underway, adding there were two options for how to hold a new election and to change the government.
"Option number one is for Poroshenko to dissolve parliament because of the absence of a ruling majority," Murayev said. "We all know the Rada does not have [the needed majority of] 226 deputies at present."
"Option number two is the parliament won’t have 300 deputies if 123 incumbent deputies resign," he said. "We’ve launched the gathering of signatures."
Calls for impeaching President Poroshenko could be heard more and more frequently of late. For instance, the city hall in Belaya Tserkov, Kiev region adopted a petition to the Verkhovna Rada at the end of August to endorse the legislative procedure of impeachment.
In June, the Kiev region council drew up a petition of the same kind to the Rada.
- Gujarat Assembly is trending at 8 in India
- Stephen Chbosky Goes from Page to Screen with ‘WONDER’
- The Qualifiers in Numbers
- Fate of Zimbabwe's Mugabe hangs in the balance amid coup confusion
- World Cup: Peru declares public holiday after qualification
- Nicolas Leoz: Conmebol ex-chief to be extradited from Paraguay
- Govt working to equally develop all parts of country: Zubair
- CPEC to put entire region on path of rapid development: Deputy Speaker GB Assembly
- CPEC essential for investment in region: Mushahid
- Rangers arrest 20 criminals in Karachi
- Security forces arrest five terrorists in Balochistan
- 370,000 undocumented Afghan refugees registered across country
- Russian ships help remove 1,100 tonnes of Syria’s chemical weapons
- Russia, Iran, Turkey presidents to discuss Syria in Sochi
- Russian and Czech presidents to meet on November 21 — Kremlin aide
- Kremlin: Next Putin-Trump meeting not on agenda yet
- Investments, good services can make living in Arctic more attractive — experts
- Siemens closes Hengelo factory with the loss of 600 jobs
- Russia views Paris Agreement as basis for solving climate change problems — Lavrov
- Australia’s Michael Cheika accuses England of deliberate late tackles