Authors: Ecroaker.com Boosters. Pitch your Idea
- Tight scoreless draw leaves New Zealand-Peru play-off in the balance
- New Zealand had best chance to score late on in match of few chances
- Return leg on Wednesday will decide final nation to qualify for Russia 2018
New Zealand and Peru played out a finely-balanced scoreless draw on Saturday leaving all to play in Lima on Wednesday when 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ qualifying draws to a close.
Peru started far stronger in Wellington but New Zealand forced their way into the contest after half-time, and only a matter of inches denied the All Whites a late winner.
Sunny skies and a perfect pitch welcomed the teams in the New Zealand capital, but it was the home side that started nervously.
There was nearly a disaster for the Oceania champions in the opening minutes as a defensive mix-up saw the ball trickle towards goal, requiring goalkeeper Stefan Marinovic to dive backwards and flick the ball right off the line. It proved to be Peru’s best chance of the match.
Both goalkeepers were spectators for periods of the match as the two sides struggled to settle into a rhythm, although the sometimes physical nature of the contest was a reminder of the rich prize on offer.After being outplayed early, it was New Zealand who had the better of possession in the second half, although Peru’s Aldo Corzo forced Marinovic into a sharp save with a powerful header.
Star New Zealand striker Chris Wood, who surprisingly started on the bench, came on with less than 20 minutes remaining as the home side pushed for a winner. And they very nearly got it as the impressive Ryan Thomas saw his half-volley shave the post, after the midfielder had pounced on a loose ball in the penalty area.
Peru, who are seeking to end a 36-year World Cup drought, will feel they have the advantage but an away goal would change momentum in the final match of global qualifying for Russia 2018.
- 各予約受付中 is trending at 10 in Japan
- #このタグ見た人は2文字で自己紹介する is trending at 9 in Japan
- トライアド is trending at 8 in Japan
- キルア is trending at 7 in Japan
- 老舗サイト is trending at 6 in Japan
- 渋谷ストリーム is trending at 5 in Japan
- 唯ちゃん is trending at 4 in Japan
- ヴィーラ is trending at 3 in Japan
- #このタグをみた人は好きなお菓子を答える is trending at 2 in Japan
- 鶴ひろみさん is trending at 1 in Japan
- Marmara Üniversitesi is trending at 9 in world
- 鶴ひろみさん is trending at 8 in world
- Roadster is trending at 7 in world
- #Moody is trending at 6 in world
- #EchameLaCulpa is trending at 5 in world
- #Riina is trending at 2 in world
- PANCHLAIT IN CINEMAS is trending at 9 in India
- Gujarat Assembly is trending at 8 in India
- #TJCompBenefitsConclave17 is trending at 7 in India
- Rajkot West is trending at 6 in India