HTTP/1.1 200 OK Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8 Server: openresty/22.214.171.124 PB-RID: r06VWROYlFjwAq PB-PID: article-template X-Served-By: pb X-Mobile-Rewrite: false Content-Length: 49494 Cache-Control: max-age=60 Expires: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 06:56:03 GMT Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 06:55:03 GMT Connection: keep-aliveOshkosh Defense in talks with Saudi manufacturer to produce armored vehicles
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Al Tadreea Manufacturing’s top executive confirmed that the company is in talks with Oshkosh Defense to manufacture armored vehicles in Saudi Arabia.
“We are discussing partnerships with many international companies, particularly negotiating with Oshkosh Defense to produce armored vehicles” in Saudi Arabia, Al Tadreea Manufacturing CEO Fawzi Bin Ayoub Sabri confirmed during an interview with at the Dubai Airshow.
George Mansfield, Oshkosh vice president and general manager of international programs would not confirm the negotiations, saying instead that the company is consistently “looking to partner with some local companies to produce Oshkosh armored vehicles” in the Middle East.
Should the deal go through, Oshkosh Defense will find competition in the Saudi Arabia, with active national companies like the Saudi Military Industries Corp. producing armored vehicles that meet the international standards, like the Al Shibl 2 and Tawiq.
In an earier interview, MIC Assistant General Manager Saeed Albalwi stressed the advanced standards of Saudi armored vehicles, pointing to the Al Shibl armored vehicle as “ahead many international armored vehicles during trials and [proving] its capabilities in actual combat during the Yemeni conflict.”
Oskkosh’s Mansfield countered, pointing to extensive trials in the region.
“The U.S. government has tested this for more than 10 years. We do trials in the Middle East in summer months, to make sure our systems meet all the requirements for mobility, air conditioning and payload for [the region],” he said. “All our vehicles are meant to operate in gulf weather and geographic conditions.”
For more news on global defense topics in Arabic, visit SDArabia.com.
Get our Digital Show Dailies
Get the wrapups of trade shows covered by Defense News
Thanks for signing up!
- ワンオク is trending at 10 in Japan
- 契約満了選手 is trending at 9 in Japan
- スタートトゥデイ is trending at 8 in Japan
- 議場入り is trending at 7 in Japan
- 杭200本 is trending at 6 in Japan
- がっこうぐらし is trending at 5 in Japan
- #どうぶつの森フレンド募集 is trending at 4 in Japan
- #いいツインテールの日 is trending at 3 in Japan
- SONAR is trending at 2 in Japan
- ZOZOSUIT is trending at 1 in Japan
- SONAR is trending at 10 in world
- 夫婦の日 is trending at 9 in world
- ZOZOSUIT is trending at 8 in world
- 정성훈 is trending at 7 in world
- #Los44 is trending at 6 in world
- #LasCarasDeLaMoneda is trending at 4 in world
- #امطار_الرياض is trending at 3 in world
- David Cassidy is trending at 1 in world
- Happily Ever Afterlife: The Making of Disney Pixar’s ‘COCO’
- Weekend Forecast: Will Pixar’s ‘Coco’ Reign for Thanksgiving Over ‘Justice League’ Breakout ‘Wonder’?